Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A New World Begins to Take Shape...

In several months I'll be starting a new s&w campaign, and I've just begun playing around with general cosmological details and other fun stuff.  And while I like this kind of big picture world building, I generally tend to prefer beginning from the small and only expanding to the "big questions" as necessary.

So I've started building my first maps for this new campaign world - a return to and reworking of a campaign world I started on a few years ago.  And, in my way, I've started with only the smallest piece of the world, a distant and legendary archipelago.

While it will likely be some time before my next substantive posts on my progress and preparation, here is a small taste of the first maps of the island chain of Eime....





3 comments:

trollsmyth said...

Nice looking map.

I have to admit, while I understand the appeal and efficiency of bottom-up mapping and world-building, I'm a top-down guy myself.

Ironbeard said...

This looks very cool. I've always had a fondness for archipelagos as fantasy settings. I think it goes back to my love of Le Guin's Wizard of Earth Sea as a child.

post festum said...

Thanks fellows...Like a great many others around the Internets, I find that nothing stimulates my imaginative juices like map making.